What we offer & what to expect
Initial assessment including routine treatment
For all new clients: At this appointment we will assess your foot health problem or concern. It is important to consider your medical history as this will influence our treatment approach. We request you that bring a list of any medications with you. On arrival we ask you to complete our New Patient Form which includes information about Data Protection and Consent.
We will carry out a selection of assessments which may include hands on vascular assessment, advanced vascular techniques, Diabetic Foot Assessment, neurological, musculoskeletal and footwear assessments. These will inform the most appropriate treatment options and advice that can be provided.
The appointment will normally include some routine treatment following which a recommended return time, treatment plan, or onward referral can be discussed.
Routine Podiatry (Chiropody)
Ongoing treatment: Can include:
- Nail care
- Treatment of corns and callus
- Advice to help you to improve your foot health and prevent problems
- Ongoing updates such as medical history and diabetic foot checks
Our normal criteria for home visits are:
- Within the BD17 postcode area
- Severe mobility issues which preclude a clinic based appointment
- Long-standing regular clients who now have severe mobility issues, whether temporary or of a more permanent nature
Our experience with homevisits is that they often require more planning, for example with regard to gaining access to your home. Please be advised that we cannot usually provide home visit appointments at very short notice due to the demands of running a busy clinic.
We offer a range of specialist treatments including for fungal nails and verrucae.
Further information to follow.